Marketparts - Privacy Statement
This Privacy statement explains what information we gather about you, what we use that information for, and who we give that information to. It also sets out your rights in relation to your information, and who you can contact for more information or queries.
Marketparts is strongly committed to protecting your personal information. This Privacy statement describes how Marketparts handles personal information collected through marketparts.com.
By using marketparts.com and providing personal information to us, you acknowledge you have read this Privacy statement, and, to the extent your consent is necessary and valid under applicable law, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of such personal information by Marketparts and any third party recipients in accordance with this Privacy statement.
In this Privacy statement, your information is sometimes called “personal data”, “personal information” or “personally identifiable information”. We also sometimes collectively refer to handling, collecting, protecting or storing your personal information as “processing” such personal information.
Third party links
Collection of personal information
When you use marketparts.com, we may collect information about you and your use of the site, including through cookies and analytics tools. We may collect, directly from you, personally identifiable information about you, such as your name, job title, company name, address, email address, telephone number, and fax number.
Below are some examples of how you may provide personal information to Marketparts:
- requesting an account on and/or subscribing to marketparts.com;
- providing information in your user profile;
- offering your products on marketparts.com;
- searching and browsing for products on marketparts.com;
- requesting a quote and placing an order through marketparts.com;
- communicating with us by phone, email or otherwise;
- completing a questionnaire or a support ticket; and
- subscribing to or ordering newsletters or other publications.
We do not intend to collect sensitive information through marketparts.com. Examples of sensitive information include race or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious or philosophical beliefs; trade union membership; physical or mental health; genetic data; biometric data; sexual life or sexual orientation; and criminal records. We ask that you do not provide sensitive information of this nature when using marketparts.com. If you choose to provide sensitive information to us for any reason, the act of doing so constitutes your explicit consent, where such consent is necessary and valid under your local law, for us to collect and use that information in the ways described in this Privacy statement or as described at the point where you choose to disclose this information.
We also do not actively seek demographic information from visitors to marketparts.com. However, you may choose to provide such information (including for example when becoming a registered user). If you choose to provide demographic information to us, the act of doing so constitutes your explicit consent, where such consent is necessary and valid under applicable law, for us to collect and use that information in the ways described in this Privacy statement or as described at the point where you choose to disclose this information.
It is our policy to collect only minimum information required to complete your request. If marketparts.com seeks non-mandatory personal information about you, you will be notified of this at the point of collection.
Some pages on marketparts.com may permit you to send emails to us. Messages sent via marketparts.com will contain your screen name and email address, as well as any additional information you may wish to include in the message.Registered users
If you choose to become a registered user, as part of the registration process you will be asked to provide us with personal information through a registration form. Information we collect may include your name, email address, phone number, password, country, organisation, job title, and type of user (buyer or seller). All the information in the registration form is required and, if you do not provide it, you will not be able to register and receive the benefits of being a registered user (for example, becoming a certified buyer or seller).
For as long as you are a registered user, you are responsible for providing us with accurate information about you and for keeping that information up to date. You may update your information by editing your user profile in your account.
Use of personal information
When you provide personal information to us, we may use it for any of the purposes described in this Privacy statement or as stated at the point of collection (or as obvious from the context of collection), including:
- to administer and manage marketparts.com, including to confirm and authenticate your identity and prevent unauthorised access to restricted areas of the site or other services limited to registered users;
- to personalise and enrich your browsing experience by displaying content that is more likely to be relevant and of interest to you;
- to sort and analyse user data (such as determining how many users from the same organisation are using marketparts.com);
- to determine the company that you work for or with which you are otherwise associated;
- to develop our businesses and services;
- to conduct benchmarking and data analysis including, for example, regarding usage of marketparts.com and demographics analyses of its users;
- to understand how people use the features and functions of marketparts.com in order to improve the user experience;
- to communicate with you in relation to our services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email or chat);
- to comply with legal obligations; and/or
- any other purposes for which you provided the information to Marketparts, including any of the purposes given in the ‘Collection of personal information’ section above.
Marketparts does not collect or compile personally identifying information for sale to other parties for consumer marketing purposes.
If you would like to find out more about the different categories of information we collect on marketparts.com, please review the ‘Collection of personal information’ section.
If you choose to become a registered user, we may also use your information for the following purposes:
- to put you in relation with other registered users;
- to take orders, process payments and communicate with you about orders;
- to invoice subscription fees;
- to recommend features and products that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences and personalise your experience;
- to display interest-based ads for features and products that might be of interest to you;
- to provide you with information about us and our services including via personalised marketing messages and/or communications unique to your organisation about our services;
- any other purposes for which you provided the information to Marketparts.
Legal grounds for processing personal information
Your local law may require us to set out in this Privacy statement the legal grounds on which we rely in order to process your personal information. In such cases, we rely on one or more of the following processing conditions:
- our legitimate interests in the effective delivery of information and services to you and in the effective and lawful operation of our businesses (provided these do not interfere with your rights);
- to satisfy any legal and regulatory obligations to which we are subject;
- where no other condition for processing is available, if you have agreed to us processing your personal information for the relevant purpose.
Security of personal information
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Only authorised persons are provided access to personally identifiable information collected via marketparts.com; such individuals have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of this information.
Although we use appropriate security measures once we have received your personal data, the transmission of data over the internet (including by e-mail) is never completely secure. We endeavour to protect personal data, but we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to or by us.
Transfers of personal information
Transactions involving third parties
When a buyer requests a quote or places an order on marketparts.com, we may transfer or disclose the personal data we collect about the buyer and the seller to the other party in order to process the quote or the order and deliver the products.
Third party providers
We may transfer or disclose the personal data we collect to third party contractors, subcontractors, and/or their subsidiaries and affiliates. When we transfer personal data, we do so for the purposes for which the information has been submitted, for the purposes listed above under ‘Use of Personal Information’, for the administration and maintenance of marketparts.com and associated systems, and/or other internal or administrative purposes. We also may transfer personal data to third party service providers of identity management, website hosting and management, data analysis, data backup, security and storage services.
The third party providers may use their own third party subcontractors that have access to personal data (sub-processors). It is our policy to use only third party providers that are bound to maintain appropriate levels of security and confidentiality, to process personal information only as instructed by Marketparts, and to flow those same obligations down to their sub-processors.
We may also disclose personal information to third parties under the following circumstances:
- when explicitly requested by you; and/or
- as otherwise set out in this Privacy statement.
We may also disclose your personal information to law enforcement, regulatory and other government agencies and to professional bodies and other third parties, as required by and/or in accordance with applicable law or regulation. This includes disclosures outside the country where you are located. Marketparts may also review and use your personal information to determine whether disclosure is required or permitted.
Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area in the course of sharing information as set out above, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy statement and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
Retention of personal information
We will retain your personal information on our systems only for as long as we need it, given the purposes for which it was collected, or as required to do so by law. We keep contact information (such as mailing list information) until a user unsubscribes or requests that we delete that information. If you choose to unsubscribe from a mailing list, we may keep certain limited information about you so that we may honour your request.
Where we are legally required to obtain your explicit consent to provide you with marketing materials, we will only provide you with such marketing materials if you have provided consent for us to do so.
If you opt into any subscriptions, you will receive automated emails when content is updated. If you opt into any newsletters, you will receive curated emails known as newsletters. If you select any preferences, you may receive email communications related to those self-selected topics.
If you become a registered user, we may also contact you with email and marketing communications about topics that we believe may be of interest to you. We may send emails and marketing communications on our own or in conjunction with another organisation with which we have entered into a collaboration arrangement.
If you want to unsubscribe from mailing lists or any registrations, you should look for and follow the instructions we have provided within the appropriate area(s) of marketparts.com or in the relevant communications to you.
If you do not wish to receive emails or marketing communications from us, you can at any time contact us to request that such communications cease. If you wish to unsubscribe or receive only certain communications, please identify such communications in your request.
If you choose to unsubscribe from any or all mailings, we may retain information sufficient to identify you so that we can honour your request.
If you are a registered user, you may deactivate your account at any time by contacting us. If you ask us to deactivate your account, you will no longer receive the benefits of being a registered user. If you ask us to deactivate your account, we may retain information sufficient to identify you so that we can honour your request.
Any user-generated content that you may have created before then will not be anonymised following deactivation, nor will it be immediately removed from our systems or records.
Access to data
We are committed to providing reasonable and practical access that allows visitors to marketparts.com to identify and correct any inaccuracies in the information we collect about them.
When we keep personally identifiable information about you, we are responsible for keeping an accurate record of the information that you have submitted to us and verified. We do not assume responsibility for verifying the ongoing accuracy of your personal information. If you are a registered user, you may update your personal information: to do so, log in using your account credentials and update your information.
If you have questions about the accuracy of identifying information you previously submitted to Marketparts, or want to have outdated information removed, please contact us. When requested, and if it is practical and commercially feasible to comply with the request and there is no legal or regulatory need for us to keep the information, we will delete identifying information from current operational systems.
Rights in relation to your information
You may have certain rights under your local law in relation to the personal information we hold about you. In particular, you may have a right to:
- request a copy of personal information we hold about you;
- ask that we update the personal information we hold about you, or correct such personal information that you think is incorrect or incomplete;
- ask that we delete personal information that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use such personal information;
- object to our processing of your personal information; and/or
- withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information (to the extent such processing is based on consent and consent is the only permissible basis for processing).
If you would like to exercise these rights or understand if these rights apply to you, please contact us by one of the means set out at the end of this Privacy statement. We may charge a fee for a request to access your information, if permitted by applicable law.
If you have any questions or complaints about this Privacy statement or the way your personal information is processed on marketparts.com, or would like to exercise one of your rights set out above, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection regulator.
This Privacy statement was last modified on November 7th, 2018. We may update this Privacy statement at any time by publishing an updated version here. So you know when we make changes to this Privacy statement, we will amend the revision date at the top of this page. The new modified or amended Privacy statement will apply from that revision date. Therefore, we encourage you to review this Privacy statement periodically to be informed about how we are protecting your information.